It’s not hard to make the world a better place. Case in point:
I’ve been wanting this little feature for a while… it’s a browser extension that lets you copy a snippet from a Web page & quickly SMS it to your phone. This is useful when you look up a restaurant or whatever and you want to “jot down” the address/phone-number before you leave the house. I currently do this by emailing it to myself, since I have always-up-to-date email, but this is more convenient, and it works for everyone w/ a cell phone.
Next step is to integrate this more directly (e.g. a link by the contact info, right in the Web page). And to integrate driving directions…
I installed Y! Widget Engine on my desktop 2 weeks ago. It has a nice looking weather reports widget. When I came in today, I saw an unusual icon – the sun. I’d only seen the rain icon before that…
Anyone watching 24 this season? This is the first time that I’ve really watched it, and I must say: the first episode’s storytelling was great. Very movie-esque. That said:
- Can someone say “Die Hard 4: Die Harderest?”
- What is up with the terrorists’ airport plan?
- Let’s say the Presidents did not sign the anti-terrorism treaty. Then what?
- Release the hostages? Then what? You wake up the next morning and damn! the Presidents signed the treaty.
- Kill all the hostages? Nope, then the treaty gets signed immediately afterwards.
- Hold the hostages indefinitely? Leaving this storyline for the rest of the season: The terrorists go home w/ the hostages to live out a quiet white-picket-fence life in the suburbs, until the treaty gets signed then BLAMO!
- In short, it seems like they would have just blown up the airport, in an effort to show that terrorism cannot be stopped by a treaty.
- Bonus criticism: Why would terrorists hold hostages to stop the signing of an anti-terrorism treaty? “Oh no, they’re signing a document that says that they’re going after terrorists – we can’t have that!“