Anyone watching 24 this season? This is the first time that I’ve really watched it, and I must say: the first episode’s storytelling was great. Very movie-esque. That said:
- Can someone say “Die Hard 4: Die Harderest?”
- What is up with the terrorists’ airport plan?
- Let’s say the Presidents did not sign the anti-terrorism treaty. Then what?
- Release the hostages? Then what? You wake up the next morning and damn! the Presidents signed the treaty.
- Kill all the hostages? Nope, then the treaty gets signed immediately afterwards.
- Hold the hostages indefinitely? Leaving this storyline for the rest of the season: The terrorists go home w/ the hostages to live out a quiet white-picket-fence life in the suburbs, until the treaty gets signed then BLAMO!
- In short, it seems like they would have just blown up the airport, in an effort to show that terrorism cannot be stopped by a treaty.
- Bonus criticism: Why would terrorists hold hostages to stop the signing of an anti-terrorism treaty? “Oh no, they’re signing a document that says that they’re going after terrorists – we can’t have that!“